July 1, 2009

good timing

I went to Washington D.C. with my extended family for a week in June. At one point we had 40 people wandering around the Mall, getting on and off the Metro, and taking over PF Chang’s.

The timing of our trip couldn’t have been better. We narrowly missed two tragic events. The shooting at the Holocaust Museum took place less than a week before we arrived and the worst accident in the D.C. Metro’s history took place only two days after we left downtown. These two events are incredibly sad and I’m sorry for the families that are affected, but I’m grateful my family had a safe vacation.

Because of this I’m reminded that bad things can happen at anytime and we need to be grateful every time we arrive to our intended destination safely, every time we go a public area and return home again, every time we go to work and return to our families.

0 comments:

Post a Comment