March 25, 2009

good advice from the captain

One day while I was attending Utah State, my roommate and I were discussing with our FHE brother our frustration with dating. He being the older and wiser big brother provided us with some insightful advice about attracting the best kind of guy. Nearly five years later (whoa that makes me feel old) I think his advice still applies. So girls this is how you can get someone like Captain Stud (he may have been older and wiser but he was still a college boy).

How do I get someone like Captain Stud?
1. Don’t waste time with guys who are below you.
2. Don’t be afraid to be smart or who you are.
3. Don’t laugh at stupid jokes, unless you actually like stupid jokes.
4. You attract the kind of guys that treat you the way you treat yourself. Love yourself, have good self-esteem.
5. Love the Lord first. The order of things: First the Lord, second yourself, and third someone else.
6. There is no list, only values and goals.
7. He should treat you like gold, if he doesn’t he’s trash.
8. Look for the “right one,” don’t make the “right one.”
9. No guy is rich. Either he’s spoiled (bad) or in debt (bad).

Number nine applies more to guys who are still in school; guys who are established in a career are allowed to throw a little dough around. While I haven’t yet landed my Captain Stud, I have been able to see when it is time to bale from a relationship. Thanks Capt’n.

0 comments:

Post a Comment