January 26, 2012

goodbye

No, I'm not actually going anywhere.  I realized that it has been nearly a year since I posted anything on my blog and thought it was like I had said goodbye to the three people who actually read what I write.  I guess that just goes to show how incredibly dull the past year has been.  Maybe that's not entirely true.  I actually did plenty of fun things during 2011, but I just wasn't motivated enough to write about them.

Well, new year, fresh start.

One of my favorite things in the world is going to concerts, and I have several in the coming months that I'm really excited about.

The first is MuteMath on February 14, yep, Valentine's Day.  This is actually a welcome happenstance, because now I don't have to sit at home watching TV or a movie, pretending I'm ok that I don't have a date on Valentine's Day.  I actually get to go to a concert, something that makes me incredibly happy, with my roommate and two other people who we have coerced into coming with us.  MuteMath is a band I discovered when their song "Typical" came up on my Pandora station and now they are one of my favorites.  This will be my first time seeing them live.  I was planning on seeing them a few years ago when they opened for another band, but my concert buddy (aka my roommate) was sick that night and since I hadn't already bought tickets I missed out.




The next concert is Snow Patrol at the end of April.  I haven't seen them in concert before and I'm extra excited to see them in a small venue.  This is a band that usually plays in arenas or at big outdoor festivals.  I can't wait to hear them live, even if it is true that Gary Lightbody has a potty mouth.




The last concert (well at least the last of the three I currently have tickets for) is The Black Keys.  I started listening the The Black Keys fairly recently.  I had heard "Howlin' for You" and "Tighten Up" on the radio before, but hadn't bothered to look up more of their songs.  When "Lonely Boy" made its way to my ears, I listened up and now I absolutely dig these guys.  I'm a little disappointed that the concert is at the Maverick Center, but I have a feeling I'll enjoy it despite the less than stellar venue.




0 comments:

Post a Comment