April 8, 2013

goodbye, goodnight

In case you couldn't tell, I like to go to concerts. Being the data geek that I am, I decided I wanted to write down all of the bands I have seen (at least the ones I can remember) and the number of times I have seen them. To complicate matters further, I thought it would be fun to categorized them by my desire to see them in concert again.

Bands I Have Seen in Concert
Would I See Them Again?

Yes
A Silent Film*## 3
Barcelona*##** 5
Civil Twilight*## 3
Collective Soul###### 6
Crash Kings* 1
Foo Fighters O 1
Foster the People# 1
Gold Fields* 1
Imagine Dragons# 1
Locksley* 1
Mae### 3
Mika# 1
Muse# 1
MuteMath# 1
Royal Teeth* 1
Snow Patrol# 1
The Black Keys# 1
U2## 2
Windsor Drive*# 2
Young the Giant# 1


If the Tickets Are Cheap
Andrew McMahon^ 1
Barenaked Ladies O 1
Bon Jovi# 1
Dave Matthews Band# 1
Deas Vail* 1
Kings of Leon# 1
Lifehouse O 1


If the Tickets Are Free and I Don't Have Anything Else to Do
Anberlin^ 1
Arctic Monkies* 1
Blue October^ 1
Ed Sheernan* 1
Grouplove* 1
Lady Danville* 1
Modest Mouse# 1
Mumford and Sons# 1
No Doubt* 1
Relient K# 1
Ryan Shupe## 2
Silversun Pickups* 1
The Format# 1
The Fray#* 2
Train# 1


Nah
Bob Schneider# 1
Chain Gang of 1974* 1
Creed O 1
Fastball* 1
Low Millions* 1
Owl City* 1


Not Even If You Payed Me
He is We* 1



#Headliner
*Opener
^Headliner but I was there for the opener(s)
O 2002 Olympic Medal Plaza because I was a volunteer

Notes:
1. Openers are only included if they were memorable (good or bad) enough that I recall the name
2. There are probably some concerts I have attended that I can't remember

Sources: Effie's Brain, Facebook, iPhoto Library

The last category probably needs a short explanation. The band He is We opened for one of my favorites, Barcelona. Their first strike came when they took 45 mins to get set up, the second was their arrogant attitude, and the third was they were not nearly as talented as they imagined themselves to be.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too many fad bands! Kings of Leon? Blech.

Post a Comment